Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Long Overdue Post


I have not been around the blogger world for awhile, if you are a regular here or you author one of the blogs I frequent, you may have already noticed this. I do not have a recipe to post today, just a couple of thoughts about how I am going to continue this blog and where it is that I am, and have been.

Posting my recipes here was a way for me to deal with starting a gluten free life. I wanted a place to organize my recipes and have access to them wherever I was. A blog was a great place to do that. I figured that I could print them up into a cookbook when I wanted a paper copy around. And, then other people found this blog and started using the recipes, and that was very cool. Meeting and reading other gluten free bloggers rounded out my circle, and I feel that I have friends and support here. Blogging really rocks.

Until you feel badly for not blogging. Or reading other people's blogs. Then it feels like a responsibility.

I enjoy my computer, and I enjoy blogging and the community here (you guys are my support group), but I am not planning on blogging constantly, and I definitely don't want to post because I feel I have to. Blogging is not a paid profession (at least for me), and it's not necessarily where I was heading anyway. This is my cookbook that I like sharing.

So, I was busy living and doing this week. I took off for the day with a friend and made the two hour trip to Ikea together, finding my way back to being a Massachusetts driver and getting some very cool stuff for my kitchen. I made roasted chicken, went out to eat at The Common Man (a NH restaurant chain that will print up a list of gluten free goods they offer for dinner) with friends, another friend's house for dinner and she made a great gluten free dinner for a bunch of people and I was the only gluten free eater there, and I made my chocolate torte with berry coulis and Gluten Free Goddess's incredible Chocolate Sauce for dessert.

That was my week. And I didn't feel like writing it, or stopping it to read on my computer.

So, I am going to continue posting (recipes for my Pizzera Uno type gluten free crust coming, as well as gluten free scones), but I can't let it get in the way of living. I will look in on my friend's blogs, just not as often. I have waited 5 years to be off my computer doing life, 4 years of it feeling miserable and searching for my answer for my ill health, and 1 year fighting for balance in the answer.

So, I am not ignoring you when I don't respond to all your great posts, or not posting here. I am still around, but just running out the door to the life I had been looking for.

Thanks for reading. And I will see you around the 'net.

Sincerely,
SM

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. GF - Your post reflects the way it should be! A place to kick back, post, etc but when you want - it's NOT a job... it's an outlet!

=)

Happy LIVING!
-kate

ByTheBay said...

I relate to the blogging vs. living conundrum and I support you in your decision to prioritize living! That's why I don't post as often anymore, as well. Nice to hear from you.

kbabe1968 said...

:) Enjoy your LIFE that's what this journey is all about! I'm glad you're out doing and doing great! I'll keep checking...but won't cry. I promise...(sniffle, maybe) ! I LOVE IKEA, btw...were' thinking of redoing our kitchen in IKEA cabinets! :D

Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving. It seems, from your post, you have much to be thankful for.

Carrie said...

Mrs. GF -- Sounds lovely!! I'm so glad you are feeling better and living happily and freely!! I wish blogging could be a job!! I'd be the first to sign up! I know exactly what you mean though! I can easily be overwhelmed with the responsibly of keeping up to date and finding good recipes. Thanks for the reality check we all need to have some days! You are great!! We'll miss your frequent posts, but I so understand your need to just live freely not attached to the computer!! Love ya!

Carrie said...

Mrs. GF -- Sounds lovely!! I'm so glad you are feeling better and living happily and freely!! I wish blogging could be a job!! I'd be the first to sign up! I know exactly what you mean though! I can easily be overwhelmed with the responsibly of keeping up to date and finding good recipes. Thanks for the reality check we all need to have some days! You are great!! We'll miss your frequent posts, but I so understand your need to just live freely not attached to the computer!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

SM-
You are my kind of gluten free! We will slack together soon I am sure :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to be headed where you want in life. Have fun. I'll look forward to reading your posts when you have something wonderful to share =)

Anonymous said...

Of course! I hear you. And besides, what kind of slacker would you be if you posted all the time?

Blogging took over my life. Sometimes I feel like I'm chained to my computer too, and it doesn't feel good. That's why I've gone to twice a week posts. I'll promise myself I'll put them up on Mondays and Thursdays, but I don't feel the responsibility for the other days.

Keep on with your own desires. I'm still reading.

Mrs. G.F. said...

People who don't blog are really missing out. Thanks for your kind words and just being there. You have all truly been my support group with this lifestyle.


Kate - Thanks for the well-wishes, an 'outlet'..great word to describe this! :)

Bythebay - It's good to hear someone else doing the same thing! I noticed you slowed up a bit when you moved, but I always like your posts, it hasn't stopped me from checking your blog for new ones. :)

Kbabe - Ikea rocks. My friend had never been; I created a new fan of the store! :) And, yes, I do have a ton to be thankful for, it's great to be this healthy again.

Carrie - Thanks for your supportive comments...I love the brightness you exude. :)

Natalie - You kindred spirit you! I swear it's the children thing; they get a bit older and you want to spend more time with them. When they are younger (at least for me), I needed more of an outlet away from them. (hence the slacker part of my moniker). I would happily slack with you any day. ;)

Mary Frances - Isn't it amazing when it all clicks in and this diet actually makes you feel so much better than you did before???? That's what I searched for for years, and it's finally here. Amazing. Normal again.

Shauna - Twice a week posts sounds like such a great idea. My posts are really just the recipes, yours do require a bit more effort; you write so beautifully. And you are right..I need to get back to my slacker roots. ;)

a kelly said...

Ah yes...was feeling out of balance in my first 2 months of blogging...chalked it up to my tendency to overdue it...addictive tendencies...I did a post about being a Happy Hobby Blogger. Feel no pressure to blog, it is our hobby to do as we wish. Finally, balance.
alexsandra

Mrs. G.F. said...

Alexsandra -
Thank you for coming by, and I read your post...so true. Balance a wonderful thing to achieve. I am so NOT there yet..someday, maybe.

(I have those addictive tendencies myself...)

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: