Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekly Menu #7

Gluten Free Menu Swap Monday


This has been a crazy week; not many recipe posts. I will do better this week. Some things I have worked on this past week... a gluten free version of Mom Fitz's scones, and the date bar recipe I talked about last week. I will work on those posts for later this week!

Promise.

And, Natalie, the woman behind the gluten free menu swap, requested recipes with basil. Since I have not planned that in my menu, I thought if anyone was interested in a basil dish, scallops with basil and cream looked really good, although fattening, and is naturally gluten free.

Weekly Menu #7

Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Turned and Roasted Chicken, with roasted butternut squash and potatoes
Wednesday: Crock pot baked beans and Hebrew National hot dogs, steamed veggie
Thursday: Night off, kids eating pizza out with Dad
Friday: tacos
Saturday: date night, kids eat 'babysitter food'
Sunday: roast


6 comments:

Carrie said...

I love Hebrew Nat. hotdogs! And I could eat a roast chicken every night! Great menu SM!! I can't wait to see your recipes this week!

Annie said...

That's the only type of hot dogs I will buy!
Happy Monday!
Sounds yummy!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

orneryswife said...

Your turned and roasted chicken looks wonderful. I am still sad from my visit to Sam's yesterday looking for foods that were part of our plan -wheat free, sugar free, no preservatives- and discovered that their rotisserie chickens have wheat listed as the first ingredient for the seasoning. :-( We came away with bananas and almonds. Oh, well.

Thanks for your plan and recipes. I always check yours each week, but don't always comment.
TM

Anonymous said...

what a delicious meal plan this week!! YUM to the hot dogs.

b said...

Just wanted to let you know that I still read your blog, although I rarely comment. I love your recipes, I love your pictures, I love your attitude.

You rock, my friend :O)

love,
b

Mrs. G.F. said...

Carrie _ Thank goodness for them! I love their slogan, " we answer to a higher authority." Cracks me up every time.

Annie - Thanks! And I love your swirly Annie signature, that is very, very cool. :)

Ornery's Wife - Sam's was depressing at first, but I have found several things there. Sometimes they have a spiral ham with the sweet stuff top put on it, all gluten free. I think it might be called Ridgeway farm or something like that. Chicken, beef, and pork..all gluten free, and so is the produce department. :)

And thanks for stopping by, and for your comment! :)

Teg - Thank you! :) Sometimes hot dogs just taste so good. I love them with baked beans. I used to be torn, deciding whether or not to cut them up and eat them in the beans, or on the bun. Being gluten free solved that dilemma.

B - Thank you for letting me know. I look in on you, don't always comment, but always check. Seeing "b" in my comment box always makes me smile. :)

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: