Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Taste of Sunshine ~ Caesar Lemon Dressing

I love this dressing. A good friend gave me this recipe, and it tastes so fresh and clean. I love it on salads of any kind and any mix, or on roasted veggies (like roasted asparagus with grated Pecorin Romano cheese..YUM!)

This is where you would use your virgin olive oil, if you have some handy. If you don't, and can't afford it, use regular. My Mom did, (She is first generation Italian-American, and honestly, I don't remember a lot of virgin olive oil, it was a special thing; she used the big can, which I still buy, and can get a good price on when it's on sale.), and I did on this batch since I ran out. You still get a lovely flavor, and the health benefits of the olive oil.


Lemon Caesar Dressing

1 lemon,
juice of
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
ground pepper, to taste
salt, to taste

Put all ingredients in a jar. (I use a cleaned jam jar.) Shake well. Pour over whatever suits your fancy: salad, roasted vegetables, avocado, fish, etc.


I was doing my weekly visit around my favorite blogs and found a couple of other recent posts on salad dressings. (if you did a salad dressing post, email me or comment and I will link to it when I get a chance. You know I am not blogging as much as I used to! ;)

Gluten Free Goddess has a post titled: Three Ways to Dress a Naked Salad.

Natalie of Gluten Free Mommy has a salad and salad dressing recipe in her post: Mixed Greens, Cilantro, and Purple Cabbage.

Check those out for more ideas.

Cheers!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very good Caesar Dressing!

Anonymous said...

Ooohh...yum! This dressing sounds fresh and wonderful. Stupid question (as I'm used to using purchased dressing), but about how long would a homemade dressing such as this save in the fridge? A few days or would you need to use it straight away?

Mrs. G.F. said...

JJ ~ Thanks!! :)

Maggie ~ This dressing should keep for awhile. It doesn't last very long here, but I would say a few weeks. The homemade dressings you need to watch out for are the ones with raw eggs or dairy. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, awesome! I doubt it would last a few weeks around here at the rate that I eat salad, but it's great to know that it will keep for a while. Thanks again! : *) Can't wait to try it!

K Allrich said...

Sounds lemony good! Thanks for the shout-out. Happy (almost) May!

Sheltie Girl said...

Mmmmmm...sounds delicious. I love making my own dressings. I think they are much better than what you get in a bottle from the store. Thanks for another option!

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten a Go Go

kbabe1968 said...

MMMMM.....

I have one...gotta find the link. It's a honey citrus dressing, very yummy!

THis looks delightful! Especially since summer is coming! FAST! :D

Allie said...

This looks excellent... I think I'll make it tonight! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very Very visually appealing…great presentation

CeliacChick said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I made this dressing and it was dee-lish! I put it on cold pasta salad with tuna along with a sprinkle of salt,pepper and dried oregano. It was very refreshing on a hot day. Thanks a bunch!

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: