Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Guacamole in Red Pepper = LUNCH


This is a great easy lunch, and a good one to pack as well. Very easy. I modified the guacamole to fit in with my cleanse, but go ahead and add more spices and veggies (like tomato, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, etc.) in there. I eat this everyday on the cleanse, and on a day I need more calories. One avocado has about 279 calories, and tons of good fats.

Guacamole in Red Pepper

1 ripe avocado
1 red pepper, cut in half
4 cloves garlic
juice of 1 lime or lemon, or to taste
fresh cilantro or parsley chopped

Cut avocado in half the long way. Take the seed out and scoop out insides. Add minced or pressed garlic and the citrus juice. Mash with fork. Add chopped cilantro. Mix. Put inside pepper and eat.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks very yummy. Lunch ideas are always helpful. Avocado was Jude's first food.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Good one..I never thought of that when my kids were babies...that is a great idea.

I can't believe I never thought of that before.

Laura said...

Ahhh you didn't have to change your recipe...
I love the recipe though and I love avocado!

~M said...

This looks really good and sounds like a healthy appetizer for Mexican nights! Thanks!

Mrs. G.F. said...

~M ~ Glad you found it! It would make a pretty presentation for an appetizer, never thought of it that way. Thank you!

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: