Thursday, September 27, 2007

Greek Meatloaf - made with lamb

I have never made a meatloaf before. Never. When I saw Gluten Free Goddess's, I thought I would have to make one. So I did. I had some ground lamb I got on sale in my freezer (I was planning on making lamb burgers with it.), so this is what I came up with. I will do it again. Roasted potatoes went wonderfully with this...roast them with seal salt, pepper, rosemary, and a little granulated garlic. Yum!

Greek Meatloaf

1 lb lamb
1/2 cup feta cheese
3 eggs
Greek dressing, enough to moisten
1/4 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 red onion chopped
roasted red pepper (optional)
chopped fresh parsley to taste

Preheat oven to 400. Mix everything in a bowl. I found it easier to do that with my hands. Add more dressing if needed. Put in greased loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Check to make sure it is cooked to your liking. Serve with whatever pleases you, I think a Greek Village salad would go great with this.

Cheers!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make meatloaf all the time, but I have never made one with lamb. This sounds awesome. Great idea! And the salad looks great with it.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Thanks Natalie. I loved it, but I wasn't sure what else should go in it, if anything. I have to research this meatloaf thing more. :)

I highly recommend the lamb though, for a change.

K Allrich said...

I'm so happy my meatloaf pie inspired you. Yay. Your Greek flavor combo is so creative! Believe it or not- I have never eaten lamb. ;)

Karina

Mrs. G.F. said...

Karina -

I can't believe you never had one bit! ..I know it must gos against your vegetarian sensibilities, but one day you must try it...not this recipe...there are so many better lamb recipes out there....just one bite.

The little lamb ribs are fabulous marinated and grilled, great for a little hit of meat!

I'll get you over to the dark side.

:grin:

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: