Spicy Grilled Lamb Burgers
My Mom sent this recipe to me, I had to try it. This is from Alan Hollister on www.allrecipes.com, click here to go to the original. My Mom's notes: "Very easy to substitute ingredients if you don't have all on hand. Can use 1/2 beef 1/2 lamb or all beef but I like all lamb best." I omitted the red pepper, completely forgot the vinegar, and added cinnamon. I used some fresh and some dried herbs. Came out great.
- 1 pound ground lamb (just over)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Food For Life Brown Rice Tortillas
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Place the lamb in a large bowl, and mix with the mint, cilantro, oregano, garlic, sherry, vinegar, and molasses. Season with cumin, allspice, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper, and mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill burgers 5 minutes on each side, or until well done.
- Brush tortillas with olive oil. Cut tortillas in quarters. Place some feta cheese on tortilla, then the lamb, then feta, then another tortilla wedge. Grill or broil until tortilla crisps and turns light brown. Flip and repeat.