I got tagged three times, but barely had time to get my housework done, never mind something fun like this. I was tagged by Sea from Book Of Yum, Kate from Gluten Free Gobsmacked, and Natalie from Gluten Free Mommy. Here goes.
1. Even though I feel so much better on this diet than I did before, and I will never cheat, but I will despise forever the fact that I have to be constantly on vigil with my food. It feels so opposite of my personality.
2. I love it when my friends tell me about a new bakery or something else fabulous that they love, without apologizing for it. I still love to hear about those things, and about foods they love; even if I can't eat it.
3. I met my husband (called Navy Boy here) in New Orleans on vacation. He was there one night; I was there four nights. Three weeks later he was stationed near me, and I guess, as they say, the rest is history. That was 11 years ago.
4. In my working world, I have been a manager of a pizza parlor (thank goodness I don't do that now!), an insurance underwriter, a teacher, and a consultant for a publishing company. And that was after college.
5. I took up singing again after 18 years off, and I am having a blast. I sang with a band for the first time 2 weeks ago. It rocked. I can't wait to do it again.
6. I have been gluten free for almost a year. I find myself smiling a whole lot more than I used to.
7. I think it's absolutely crazy that a food item can wreak so much havoc on a person, and go undetected for years.
8. Navy Boy and I had our first date in Boston in the North End, at Giacomo's.. Right before I went gluten free, we were going to do our first date again and stay over. Our childcare fell through. I wish we had been able to do it. I get so sad thinking we can't go there again.
As the other's have said..Darn this small gluten free community. Plus the fact, I am out of time. Company will be here any moment, and I have things to do. On the menu tonight..lasagna.
I tag any who wants to do this one, I will add your link here. :)
These are the rules:
- Once tagged, let others know who tagged you.
- Players are to list 8 random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged should post these rules within their meme-tag post.
- Players should tag 8 other people and notify them that they have been tagged.