Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pizza


So, you are so tired of cooking. You don't want to lift another finger to cook, and you wish you could order out for pizza? I have had a week myself, and was just done. I cooked so many things that failed, were horrible, and I had to throw out.

I saw this in the freezer section and thought I would grab it for an easy night. One caveat, you have to take it out the night before. It was good. I enjoyed it, and I will use it again.

This is the pizza I made with it below, I will tell you the toppings I used, go out get some and give yourself a night off.

(P.S. The cheese on this pizza is not dairy free, but since the crust is, I labeled this post dairy free. )

I topped this pizza with crushed tomatoes, shitake mushrooms, garlic, roasted red peppers, ricotta cheese, mozerella, oregano, and red pepper for spice.

I use jarred roasted red peppers, but did saute the garlic and mushrooms for a few minutes before putting it on the pizza. I like crispy crusts, so although the directions said 15 min. at 350, after the 15 min. were up, I jacked the heat up to 450, and cooked it for about 5 to 7 minutes more. next time I will cook this at a higher temperature.

Grab some wine, beer, or other favorite beverage and relax, you've earned it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited to try this pizza crust. I had been looking for a good one that I can just roll out instead of putting together ingredients when I want a quick and easy dinner. Thanks for blogging that info :)

Mrs. G.F. said...

Katie - Your welcome. Your comment reminded me that I have some of this in the freezer; I think I will take it out for tomorrow night!

Thanks for commenting, and have a wonderful day.

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: