Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Banana Bread Muffins

I got the original from www.celiac.com from user katrinamaria. I liked it because it looked easy. I always add some ground flax seed to things I bake to add more nutrition. I never measure, I just add a bit.

I made this as muffins and bread. The bread was a little crumbly, I think I would add an egg next time. They came out great as muffins. I am thinking this is a "tried and true"muffin, but not yet in a loaf form.

Make sure you take the butter out early, it has to soften.

1 stick butter softened
3 large, very ripe bananas (mashed)
2 C rice flour
1 C sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbs baking powder
1 T vanilla
small bit of ground flax seed
1/2 chopped nuts (optional)

Cream butter with sugar in large bowl. Beat in eggs, vanilla and bananas. Mix in flour & baking powder. Turn into 9 x 5 loaf pan, sprayed. Bake at 325 for one hour and 20 minutes until brown on top.

No comments:

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: