Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mochi




I know that I never heard of mochi until I started a gluten free diet. Here is a definition from the Grainaissance website:

"Mochi is a nutritious bake-and-serve rice snack made from whole grain brown rice. Mochi is all-natural and without additives, preservatives or colorings. It's also wheat-free and gluten-free. Mochi can be eaten in a variety of ways. Just cut into 1-1/2" squares and bake in a pre-heated 450° F oven for 8-10 minutes. Watch

them puff up before your eyes!"

Here is a picture of it after it's done:

It is chewy and moist on the inside, and crunchy outside. It comes in a hard brick in the refrigerated section of your health food store. You simply cut and bake.

Try it, and see if you like it too.



2 comments:

Mike Eberhart said...

I have seen that stuff at the asian market, and come close to buying it on multiple occasions. Maybe I'll just break down and try it now.

Slacker Mom (aka Mrs. GF) said...

I know..it is weird stuff, but def. has a chewiness to it that I really enjoy.

I hope you like it!

Get email alert when there is a new post.

Enter your email address: